Who We Are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship-based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
As a .NET Developer + Devops at MedTouch, you will have the unique opportunity to leverage your knowledge of .NET / C# and Microsoft Windows, ramping up to be both a Sitecore developer and a Devops Engineer. You will learn to create and enhance enterprise websites for hospitals and medical practices using Sitecore. And as you hone your understanding of devops work in setting up and enhancing cloud infrastructure, you’ll help us create more frequent and dependable deploys with less effort within the Sitecore / .NET cloud environment.
- Create and enhance software for hospital websites using the latest industry standards with the Sitecore Content Management System (CMS), .NET (C#) and related programming tools.
- Triage and resolve complex + systemic issues reported on existing production systems.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to facilitate understanding of deliverables, estimates, and prioritization.
- Setup and automate Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) environments in Azure and Rackspace.
- Contribute to production deploys, occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Bring an infectious, positive, can-do attitude and a relentless aspiration for improvement.
This job is just right if you have:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related area.
- 2 years of software development experience using Microsoft .NET / C#.
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows and IIS, including proficiency in PowerShell or other shell scripting.
- Desire to learn to perform devops, the intersection between software development and the infrastructure needed to deploy software to the cloud.
- Previous experience working in source control like Git or Subversion.
- Passion about healthcare and making lives better.
- Drive to work in a collaborative environment that values communication, documentation and teamwork.
- Web development experience using ASP.NET (C#), MVC, Web Services and SQL Server.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (puppet, chef, etc)
- Knowledge of ALM tools (Octopus Deploy, Bamboo etc)
- Cloud computing administration and engineering (Amazon Web Services, Azure, vCloud, OpenStack).
- Development experience in a CMS, such as Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager, Episerver.